Protect Yourself and Report the Latest Frauds, Scams, Spams, Fakes, Identify Theft Hacks and Hoaxes
Have you received an recruiting email like the ones below, claiming to be from Cybercoders.com recruiters:
These appear to be legitimate, even if the methodology is somewhat unusual. They do have contact information listed on their website:
42 Discovery, Suite 200
Irvine, CA 92618
Using the Whouis.org information, found the name of the owner /registerer of the domain name, Matt Miller. We called the number above and used the company directory. We got right through to a live human, who told us Mr. Miller was out of the office at the moment. The person we spoke with was able to answer our questions about the company, though.
They attempt to place candidates with their employer-customers. Given the current job market, it is quite likely that they have many, many more applicants than positions available; which would explain complaints on the internet about a lack of follow-up.
At present, CFR has no reason to believe that this organization is a scam.
As always, we do advise caution in applying for jobs: do not provide social security numbers, passport numbers, drivers license numbers, bank account or credit card numbers information or passwords to any recruiter or company. The information that is required such as a SSN, should only be provided in person, upon being hired and confirming that the company and the position are legitimate.
Do you have a resume posted online? We'd like to hear from you about your experiences recruiting emails that turned out to be scams or misleading - click here to write us. We suspect these are possibly a new wave of identity theft attacks.
Note: There ARE legitimate recruiting and employment firms on the internet, and some with very similar names to those above. We recommend you check any company out before you give any personal information to them. If they do not have a posted address and phone number, or don't answer the phone, don't give them any personal information! The legitimate recruiters will be happy to give you contact information, return calls and act in the open!
Report it to the following government agencies:
I noticed your background and thought you may be interested in finding out more about our new job opening, which is pasted below for your review.
The position is for a Online Destination Manager in Miami, FL.
For more details or to apply simply visit our website:
Not a fit for this job? Search all of our open jobs:
The job details:
Online Hospitality Sales - Telecomuting Available
Location: Miami, FL
Salary Range: $70,000 - $120,000
Online Destination Manager - Multiple Locations available
Leisure travel marketing firm specializing in web application software development and internet publishing has vacancies for Online Destination Managers to manage the following regions:
* Atlanta, GA
* Miami, FL
* Los Angeles, CA
* Chicago, IL
* New York, NY
* Vancouver, BC Canada
* Toronto, Ontario Canada
IT IS NOT Necessary TO LIVE IN THE REGION YOU ARE MANAGING, HOWEVER IT IS A REQUIREMENT THAT YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH THE REGION YOU ARE MANAGING. IT IS ALSO A REQUIREMENT TO FLUENTLY SPEAK THE LANGUAGES OF YOUR ASSIGNED REGION.
What you will be doing:
* Account management
* Contracting, pricing and managing rates for hotel sales
* Driving hotel bookings and has huge potential to contribute to the success of the * Responsible for all elements of ongoing account management and developing excellent relationships at the hotel level
* Secure and negotiate competitive rates for both room only and packages, including during peak periods, to meet room night targets
* Understand high/low occupancy periods for defined markets
* Create and maintain calendars for key events and execute plans to meet market demand
* Communicating and enabling Third party suppliers to meet product gaps
*Set global mark up rates and decide global display for defined markets
* Co-ordinate merchandising and promotion requests for defined markets including negotiation with hotels on rates and availability
* Take lead on introduction of new initiatives
* Troubleshoot operational issues (e.g. hotel display) working with regional coordinator *Conduct extranet training
* Timely feedback regarding market trends and product needs
* Identify promotional opportunities within region (both destination and supplier-led)
* Rate performance and compliance tracking - use available data to track rate competitiveness and compliance for top markets - weekly, monthly and adhoc reporting as necessary
What skills are needed to apply:
* 3+ years experience working for a travel or tour operating environment
* Must be extremely familiar with the territory you are managing.
* Sound understanding of hotel revenue management and yield
* Negotiation and business development skills
* Good working knowledge of all office and PC applications (MS Excel, MS PPT and in house databases)
* Clear understanding of hotel CRS / PMS and GDS systems
* Fluency in English and French if applying for the Canadian territories
* A passion for e-commerce - particularly within the hotel/ travel sector
* THIS ROLE CAN BE BASED OUT OF HOME VIA TELECOMMUTING
What's in it for you:
*Excellent commission structure with potential earning over $100K
*First rate travel concessions
If you are ready to join a winning team and take the next step in your career, apply today:
Know someone else who is a fit for this position? Refer a friend & earn one thousand dollars if they get the job:
Happy where you are? Great! We will only email you when we find a new job that may be a good fit for your background. You can also use the link below if you would like us to hold off on emails to you about new jobs.
Good luck in your searches,
Mary Kim | Executive Recruiter | CyberCoders
CyberCoders | 42 Discovery | Irvine, CA 92618 | optout
There are a variety of sleazy scams that look, at first glance, like legitimate job offers. Before you write back to them, pause a moment and read about the scams below!
Some of the more common job scams are